“Running The Bereavement Journey, online or face to face, is easy.”
Everything churches need is available, including a Leader’s Guide (including Online Leaders’ guide), branded publicity materials, registration and feedback forms, sample communications and training.
All churches need to do is:
*gather a team (a host, a technical host if running online, as many people as possible to facilitate discussion groups – and, where possible, a trained counsellor for oversight – see below file for who would qualify )
*purchase the leader’s pack (only £25 from www.thebereavementjourney.org)
*direct the team to the online training appropriate to them (see here)
*advertise in your community (also possible through The Bereavement Journey website and the AtaLoss.org signposting website).
No knowledge is needed – whether in bereavement support or in managing the technology. All training and support is available including:
- Bereavement Care Awareness (webinar training for teams)
- Team Briefing (recording of HTB’s own briefing for the team)
- Opportunity to help on HTB’s (or another church’s) online team (for insight and experience).
- Technical training (recorded and bespoke for those willing to give it a go – it’s not hard)
- Bereavement Friendly Church (church leaders’ webinar to ensure church is accessible to the bereaved)
- Association of Christian Counsellors help in finding a counsellor for the team.
For more information contact: email@example.com