“Running The Bereavement Journey course, online or face to face, is easy.”
Everything churches need is available, including a Leader’s Guide (including Online Leaders’ guide), branded publicity materials, registration and feedback forms, sample communications and training.
All churches need to do is:
*gather a team (a course host, a technical host if running online, as many people as possible to facilitate discussion groups – and, where possible, a trained counsellor for oversight)
*purchase the course pack (only £25 from www.thebereavementjourney.org)
*direct the team to the online training appropriate to them (see here)
*advertise the course to the bereaved in the locality (also possible through The Bereavement Journey website and the AtaLoss.org signposting website for the bereaved).
No knowledge is needed – whether in supporting the bereaved or in managing the technology. All training and support is available including:
- Bereavement Care Awareness (webinar for teams)
- Team Briefing (recording of HTB’s own briefing for the team)
- Opportunity to help on HTB’s online course team (for insight and experience).
- Technical training (recorded and bespoke for those willing to give it a go – it’s not hard)
- Bereavement Friendly Church (church leaders’ webinar to ensure church is accessible to the bereaved)
- Association of Christian Counsellors help in finding a counsellor for the team.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org